We are sloooooowly rolling out e-Books to the Tankobonbon site and it'll be by-request for now (on our Discord server). Here's a tutorial thread on how to purchase digital manga on PC (you can also do it on mobile) via Tankobonbon-Kobo.
Kobo is a world-renowned e-Book platform for all kinds of books. You can read your digital copies using your PC, smartphone, laptop, tablet, e-Reader as long as you have their app downloaded (which is free!). By buying digitals, you're supporting your favorite manga... legally!
Here's a step-by-step guide.
- Your favorite manga is available digitally via Tankobonbon-Kobo if it has a "Buy Kobo e-book" button beside the add to cart.
- You will be redirected to Kobo's page for the manga. The price is indicated in Philippine peso. Just click the red 'Add to Cart' button or the 'Buy Now' gray button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Create a Kobo account (or Sign In if you have one already, which we definitely recommend so it's easier).
- After signing up, you'll be redirected to pay for your manga. Just fill out the necessary details and hit pay.
- After completing your purchase, install a Kobo app on your device (if you haven't yet already). To instantly access the app link, just click on that "Enjoy all your eBooks and audiobooks with the free Kobo App" banner.
- Upon clicking, you will be redirected to choose your device where you're downloading the app—for this one, it'll be the "Desktop" icon.
- Then just click on "Download Now"—the app's size is pretty small, don't worry.
- Once downloaded and installed, you'll be prompted to sign in to connect your account to the app.
- Your purchased eBook is getting synced to your app once you're in. You may purchase more eBooks directly on the app (we don't get any profit from it unless you buy books using the Tankobonbon's site *so we can get sum snack funds* 😉)
- On the "My Books" tab above is where you can see all your purchased eBooks. Just double-click on it to start reading!
If you regularly purchase eBooks via Tankobonbon, don't forget to sync your "My Books" library so it'll show up on the app. :)
For easier access: